I finally found the way to make Vegan Ramen🍜
One thing I cannot live without is Ramen. Since there is no place where I can get Vegan Ramen around here I decided to make my own Ramen. It turned out pretty tasty 🙂 Well, at least way better than Top Ramen.
Ingredients (for 2 servings)
- 4 pieces of dried Shiitake
- 2 pieces of dried Kombu
- 4 cups water
(*I know not everybody has dried Shiitake and Kombu so they can be easily replaced with 4 cups of vegetable broth.)
- 4 tbs Vegan Miso
- 2 tbs Soy sauce
- 1 tbs Mirin
- 1/2 Sugar (I use coconut sugar)
- 3 Green onion or 1 Leek
- 1 tbs Garlic
- 1 tbs Ginger
- 1 tbs Sesame oil
- Whatever the noodle you want. I like using Green noodles, Regular Ramen noodles or Udon noodles.
- Whatever you want 🙂 Some my favorite toppings are Cabbage, Bok Choy, Green onion, Leek and Sesami seeds.
- Soak dried Shiitake and Kombu in 4 cups of water over night. (If you are using vegetable broth skip this.)
- Chop up Green onions/ Leek. Separate white parts and green parts. Green parts are for toppings.
- Heat Sesame oil in a sauce pan, put Garlic, Ginger, white parts of the Green onions, and Miso. Cook on medium heat for a couple of minutes. Don’t burn!
- Add 4 cups of broth into a pan. As well as Soy Sauce, Mirin, and Sugar. Bring to a boil then turn down heat to law and wait another 5 minutes or.
- While you are waiting, you can cook your noodles, prep your toppings 🙂
Please adjust ingredients for what you like/ have. I personally like to add Vegan Butter at the end. If you like spicy, you can add spicy sauce.
There you have it!