I was going to make cabbage pancakes for dinner, but then I saw a big bag of potato sitting in my fridge. So instead of using cabbage, I decided to use potato. They turned out pretty good.
- 28oz Potato
- 1 Sweet onion
- Egg replacement (equal to 2 eggs)
- 4 tbsp Unbleached flour
- Garlic powder
- Soy oil
- Nutritional yeast
- daiya cheese mozzarella (optional)
- Boil potatoes, until they are soft. (I leave the skin but it is up to you.)
- Grate onion.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Add grated onion, egg replacement and flour and mix well.
- Season the mixture with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and nutritional yeast.
- Heat soy oil in a pan on medium heat.Shape the mixture whatever the way you like and fry both side until they are crispy. Make sure cheesy side is baked well, because that is the best part 🙂
There you have it.
They are good without any sauce but I like to dip into ketchup as well as guacamole. I mean guac goes with anything right?